Vulvar cancer trials
About Our Vulvar Cancer Trials
SQZ Biotech is actively enrolling patients in trials for vulvar cancer. Our unique approach engineers a patient’s own cells to create a personalized therapy that is readministered to activate the immune system to target solid tumors.
Patients and doctors can expect prompt responses to questions. Please reach out to learn more! Fill out the form on the right or email email@example.com
Our study coordinators can help you determine if you fit the trial criteria and can participate in the study:
- Female, 18 years of age or older
- Histologically confirmed incurable or metastatic solid tumors that are HPV16+
- Cancer progression after at least one available standard therapy for incurable disease, or patient is intolerant to or refuses standard therapy(ies) or has a tumor for which no standard therapy(ies) exist
- HLA-A*02 genotype positive (only for SQZ-PBMC-HPV-101 and ENVOY-001 trials and easily confirmed by a simple genetic test)
Currently, the majority of our clinical trial sites are based in the United States, but we have started to expand to other countries. For patients who do not live near one of our trial sites, we will assist with travel and accommodations to the nearest clinical trial site and cover reasonable and related expenses.
- HonorHealth, Scottsdale, AZ
- University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- University of Kansas Cancer Center, Kansas City, KS
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Tenessee Oncology, Nashville, TN
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA
- City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Roswell Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
- The Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, OK
- Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- University Hospital Cologne, Clinic I for Internal Medicine, Germany
- More sites expected to open soon!
The Patient Experience
Our investigational cell therapies do not require preconditioning or lengthy hospital stays. They are administered as a simple syringe push.
The Science Behind Our Therapies
We use a patient’s own cells to manufacture a personalized therapy. After blood collection, we isolate target cell types, use our SQZ® technology to engineer their functions and administer them back to the patient. A patient can typically receive their first dose about a week after blood collection. Once administered, SQZ® engineered cells are designed to home to specialized immune structures, such as the lymph nodes and spleen, and direct the patient’s immune system to target disease.
Additional Trial Information
SQZ-PBMC-HPV-101 · PHASE 1/2 CLINICAL TRIAL
APC therapeutic candidate derived from patient’s own white blood cells
- Designed to present specific tumor antigens to the body’s endogenous CD8 T cells
- Administered as monotherapy or in combination with checkpoint inhibitors atezolizumab or ipilimumab
- Encouraging initial monotherapy clinical trial data was presented at the 2021 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting. Additional clinical data was presented at ESMO IO 2021 demonstrating a clinical and immune response in a heavily treated patient. See our ESMO-IO press release and oral presentation
COMMANDER-001 · PHASE 1/2 CLINICAL TRIAL
Enhanced APC (eAPC) therapeutic candidate derived from patient’s own white blood cells
- Designed to leverage the advantages and functionalities of five different mRNAs squeezed into white blood cells
- Administered as monotherapy or in combination with checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab
- In preclinical studies, SQZ® eAPCs have been shown to generate robust CD8 T cell responses against multiple antigens, through simultaneous expression of antigens, CD86, membrane bound IL-2, and membrane bound IL-12
ENVOY-001 (SQZ-AAC-HPV-101) · PHASE 1/2 CLINICAL TRIAL
AAC therapeutic candidate derived from patient’s own red blood cells
- Designed to transport tumor-specific antigen and activating adjuvant to a patient’s own antigen presenting cells in vivo
- Administered as a monotherapy or in combination with checkpoint inhibitors ipilimumab or nivolumab
- In preclinical studies, SQZ® AACs have demonstrated robust immune responses, CD8 T cell infiltration, and correlated tumor reduction
About SQZ Biotech
SQZ Biotech’s platform technology was developed at MIT, and our platform technology has been named as one of Scientific American’s Top 10 World Changing Ideas, Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15, and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. We have active programs in oncology, autoimmune and infectious diseases, as well as additional exploratory initiatives to support future pipeline growth.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the “Learn More About This Trial” form on this page if you have any questions about this trial!