Anal cancer trial
About Our Anal Cancer Trial
SQZ Biotech is actively enrolling patients in a trial for anal cancer. Our unique approach engineers a patient’s own cells to create a personalized therapy that is readministered to activate the immune system to target solid tumors.
Patients and doctors can expect prompt responses to questions. Please reach out to learn more! Fill out the form on the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our study coordinators can help you determine if you fit the trial criteria and can participate in the study:
- Male or Female, 18 years of age or older
- Histologically confirmed incurable or metastatic solid tumors that are HPV16+
- Cancer progression after at least one available standard therapy for incurable disease, or patient is intolerant to or refuses standard therapy(ies) or has a tumor for which no standard therapy(ies) exist
Currently, we have multiple sites in the United States.
- HonorHealth, Scottsdale, AZ
- University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- Tenessee Oncology, Nashville, TN
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- More sites expected to open soon!
The Patient Experience
Our investigational cell therapies do not require preconditioning or lengthy hospital stays. They are administered as a simple syringe push.
The Science Behind Our Therapies
We use a patient’s own cells to manufacture a personalized therapy. After blood collection, we isolate target cell types, use our SQZ® technology to engineer their functions and administer them back to the patient. A patient can typically receive their first dose about a week after blood collection. Once administered, SQZ® engineered cells are designed to home to specialized immune structures, such as the lymph nodes and spleen, and direct the patient’s immune system to target disease.
Additional Trial Information
COMMANDER-001 · PHASE 1/2 CLINICAL TRIAL
Enhanced APC (eAPC) therapeutic candidate derived from patient’s own white blood cells
- Designed to leverage the advantages and functionalities of five different mRNAs squeezed into white blood cells
- Administered as monotherapy or in combination with checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab
- In preclinical studies, SQZ® eAPCs have been shown to generate robust CD8 T cell responses against multiple antigens, through simultaneous expression of antigens, CD86, membrane bound IL-2, and membrane bound IL-12
About SQZ Biotech
SQZ Biotech’s platform technology was developed at MIT, and our platform technology has been named as one of Scientific American’s Top 10 World Changing Ideas, Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15, and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.
Email email@example.com or submit the “Learn More About This Trial” form on this page if you have any questions about this trial!